Legal Question in Admiralty Law in California

I am a lawyer in California who knows very little about maritime law. I have a client who, while on navigable waters, had his boat hit by an under water pipe. I know the Statute of Limitations for personal injuries is 3 years, but what is it for property damage ? I have searched a large number of internet sites but none of them discuss this.


Asked on 11/23/14, 9:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

That's a good trick, getting a pipe to hit your boat. The answer to your question, however, is that the general law of premises liability would apply.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/14, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in California