Legal Question in Admiralty Law in California

Hello! My ex was on my phone plan, and after we split up he tried to release the line. Releasing the phone would just take his phone and plan and transfer to his own, since he just bought a brand new phone that wasn't paid off. He was still paying his share until 2 months ago, when I never received his portion of money for the bill. I suspended his line and all he had to do was release his line and he would be on his own plan and off of mine. He did not do that. He started a whole new plan, and left me with the bill of about $550 for his new phone, plus $220 for the service bill. It is under my name, but I do have proof that he was paying until 2 months ago. Do you think I have a case?

Asked on 8/18/16, 10:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

This is not an Admiralty Law question. Admiralty law involves ships and shipping, cargo damage or loss, crew injuries, and other things related to commercial maritime commerce. It sounds like you need to ask a Family Law attorney, or maybe general litigation.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/16, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in California