Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

Hello, my civil unlimited complaint at Los Angeles Superior Court was demurred to all causes of action without leave to amend.

There still has been no dismissal order or any judgment entered by the judge.

What should I do to appeal and how much time do I have to appeal?

Asked on 4/01/21, 7:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

I’d think the first thing you want to do is discuss with an attorney. Demurrer means you have failed to state any sort of claim that will stand up... without leave to amend means that the Court doesn’t believe you can correct it to make a valid claim. Appealing something like this will not help you if it is determined as frivolous. Demurrers cannot be appealed, California requires there be a final judgement. I think you need dismissal. Ask the other side when it’s going to do one, or I suppose you can do one and get court to sign it..

Read more
Answered on 4/01/21, 7:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California