Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

What do I serve on defendants?The Proof of Service, Complaint and Summons? Is mailing ok. And can I serve attorney of defendants. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Asked on 9/05/17, 12:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

The summons and complaint need to be personally served on the defendant(s), and not on the attorney unless he/she agrees to accept service and sign a notice and acknowledgment of service that substitutes for a proof of service. Not to sound snide, but I can tell you that lawsuits can be complicated and you might need more than an occasional answer on LawGuru to steer you through the minefields of a lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/17, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California