Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I called the department of consumer affairs in September and they recommended that that I first send the manager of the California board of registered nurses an email regarding the issue explained in the email below which I sent on the 16th of September 2014 and I have not received any response, so I'm taking the next step per your request and following up with the consumer affair seeking your help to resolve this problem.

I requested on April 2014 copies of ALL original university course curriculum that are located in my file.

I received on July 17th just a few pages. I called the board of registered nurses to find out why I had only been sent a couple of pages as it should had at least 200 pages and I was transferred to the call center and they recommended that I email the board and to try to call to speak with Sonya Adams.

In September 11th, I spoke with Larlee an associate from the board of nursing. She said that they don't send the documents of the course curriculum because "it is too much work" and that all my original documents are no longer mine, because after sending them the documents, they are now theirs. I asked her if I could go to their office and pick up my documents and she told me that they are no longer my documents, and the only way to get another copy is that I need to request them again from my college.

After that, I called the Department the Consumers Affairs (DCA). They advised me to send an email to the BRN chief to check this, after that I should contact the DCA via email.

In this moment I only want to get back ALL my original documents. I don't have a problem to go to the office of the board in Sacramento to pick up my documents. The reason that Iím adamant about receiving these documents is that it cost me over $2000 between obtaining the documents and paying for an official translation to be done.

Asked on 10/14/14, 8:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Rausa D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law

You may want to hire an attorney to make a demand for the release of information. The alternative would be to get what you need from your school.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/14, 11:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California