Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

Breach of Contract and Attendance at Court

I'm a wedding vendor and a bride's personal checks bounced after I provided the services at her wedding. If you sue someone and they do not appear in court, what are the legal ramificcations?

Asked on 9/12/08, 2:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: Breach of Contract and Attendance at Court

She doesn't show, you win. If you serve her with a legal notice in the form required by Civil Code Section 1719, and then sue, you would get triple the amount of the checks up to $1500. You can also sic the District Attorney on her.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/08, 2:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California