Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I have a gent that owes me money for work done on his boat, the marina where his boat is is closing. If his boat remains there they will take possession and destroy it. Can I take a lien and possession of it and move it? Tery to get legal registration but he owes back taxes of 9000.00

Asked on 1/21/23, 2:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You can lien it and after the statutory period publication of notice, etc. offer it for sale. If it doesn't sell, you can take it and move it. However, it doesn't sound like you have the time for that, depending on when the marina plans to close. Assuming it has a CF number, rather than being a USCG "registered vessel" info on how to attach the lien and proceed to sale can be obtained from the CA DMV.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/23, 10:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California