Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I took my X employer to Labor Court and won. My x employer ( a corporation) still has not paid me what the court has awarded me, and they do not respond to any of my communication.

The corporation is located in one county but owns property in various counties.. one of those properties is what I use to manage, and it is in the county that the judgement has been filed..

My goal is to get an Abstract of Judgement.. hence my need of EJ-001.

so I can put a lien against the property I use to manage, that is under that corporation.

My problem is, on the EJ-001 it looks like I should only put the main address of the corporation.. but how does that help me with a lien? Or do I put both addresses? The HQ address, and the property address that exist in that county? Help !!

Asked on 7/17/17, 4:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

An abstract of judgment automatically liens every property owned by the judgment debtor in any county in which the abstract is recorded. It even attaches to any property the judgment debtor acquires after it is recorded. That is why you only need the address of the judgment debtor. Once you have it issued, you can get certified copies recorded in every county the company has property.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/17, 7:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California