Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I was beaten by an officer and charged with resisting arrest 148 california. i spent 3 days in jail before posting bail. the officers reason for stopping me was " alleged " crossing a cross walk on a green light while hand flashing. I was never told i was under arrest. Never ready my rights. The police never even ran my drivers license until after i had beaten and put in a police car, I have no priors, no warrants and im not on parole of probation. The officer didnt agree with me asking him why i was being stopped or the fact that i would allow them to slam my head on the car the whole time my hands were on the police vehicle. I plead not guilty. any feedback please ???

Asked on 3/19/10, 4:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Feedback? Yes. Get a criminal attorney. If and when you can get your case dismissed without conviction or plea, and also show you can 'prove' your allegations that there was conduct in excess of police authority, then you would have a potential case for civil rights violations / police abuse. Your word alone as to the 'story' doesn't count, so do you have credible witnesses to confirm your story? If serious about getting counsel and defending the criminal charges, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/10, 6:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California