Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I cashed a 200 check at ca check cashing it was returned and I cannot pay it for another two weeks. Ca check cashing said they were going to turn it over to the authorities today. How much trouble am I in?

Asked on 6/19/13, 9:19 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You'll probably get ordered by the court to do some classes on financial management, and you may have to pay a fine and restitution to the check cashing place.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 6:51 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Depends on the facts. Did you write the check knowing that there were no funds in the account? The company may decide to wait for you to pay. You should make restitution as soon as possible..If you are charged I would see an attorney ASAP

Read more
Answered on 6/23/13, 9:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California