Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Our daughter is 28 , her ex-boyfriend just got out of prison

He is homeless and tries to stick with our daughter . He came into our home several times with our daughter without our permission . What can we do to protect ourselves and our daughter ? Can we be allowed to report to police when he comes into our house ? or report now , because one time police officers came to our house and asked us if we know where he is - his name -? we said no .

Asked on 8/19/18, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Cut to the chase: if you want to exclude him from your house and he won't obey your requests, then you can file in court for a Restraining Order, if you are willing to accept the reaction of your daughter. However, you must get him personally served with the paperwork, so you need to located him. Given the situation, you might consider hiring counsel to get this done, as he will have the resources needed to prepare the paperwork, file, locate and serve, at a price.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/18, 3:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California