Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

i have a domistic order against me by my husband stay away 100 yards my question is how do i give him our dog?

Asked on 5/03/16, 3:18 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

You could ask someone else to drop the dog off...

Tie it to a football goalpost and walk 101 yards away, watching the whole time while he then goes and retrieves the dog...

I guess I'm just missing what the concern is. Comply with the terms of the order.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/16, 6:49 pm
Steven Mandell Law Offices of Steven R. Mandell

You could tie the dog up in your yard and leave your house. Go more than 100 yards away. Your husband can pick up the dog and then you can go back home. Or give the dog to a friend who is more than 100 yards away from you and have your husband pick the dog up from your friend. Or, have your husband stand at one end of your high school football field with some dog treats in his hand, and you stand at the other end with the dog on a leash. As you unleash the dog and say "Go to daddy," have your husband whistle for the dog who will then run to him and get the treats. Gee, there must be many ways to accomplish this... Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/16, 6:54 pm
Steven Mandell Law Offices of Steven R. Mandell

Gee, I wish I'd seen Joe Dane's answer before I answered. The answers are amazingly similar, don't you think? What a coincidence... These must be the best ways to accomplish the transfer!

Read more
Answered on 5/03/16, 7:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California