Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Good afternoon, my sister recently got arrested for domestic violence but got the charges dropped, the DA office did not take the case but apparently she had a warrant for her arrest ik another county and is being transferred for the same charge but she had been released then as well but then moved back to the current county and never got a citation letter and didn’t show up to court because she was not aware of the citation. What should we do next ? The county is about 8hours away from our current county ?

Asked on 2/07/24, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

"What should we do "?

The obvious answer is to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney local to that court to represent her on the warrant and pending charges. Otherwise, she can travel there herself to appear in court. Do not delay, as she risks arrest on the warrant if she comes into contact with law enforcement, and transport to that court in cuffs and orange jump suit.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/24, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California