Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I live in California and I have a felony arrest warrant in Oregon, which I've been told is non extraditable. I have every intention of turning myself into to resolve the issue, but due to circumstances and my need to care for my infant daughter I cannot at this time. I just interviewed with a large corporate company's local store and am wondering if they will see this on the background check. I was never arrested, never had a court date, or anything of that nature. I also have no criminal record.

Asked on 6/08/13, 1:42 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Depends on how extensive the background check is.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 3:22 pm

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Of course they will 'see it' if they do a proper background check.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 4:52 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. Laurie. There is no standard way to do a background check. Private employers do not have access to other state's records. How they perform a background check can vary from hiring a private investigator, who knows someone who can access those records to using an attorney to check public records, to a simple google internet search.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 5:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California