Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Parole Search gone wrong!

I have been on probation for under the influence for 6mo. I haven't had a dirty test or missed an appt. I don't even have a probation officer any more.I went over to my friends house to drop off paperwork & was in his room when the police started knocking on door(they had him handcuffed,said they found baggie in his pocket) When they entered room I was standing by the bed & the police stated that I had thrown something out the window. There were 2 baggies outside window,neither of them were mine.They arrested me for possession even though they never saw me with the said baggies(total about 1gm meth) My friend was also arrested but got out of Chino in 2weeks (his parole was over) When he was asked if bags were his he said ''if that what she said'' I did not have a felony before (under the influence) now I do. No charges were filed against him only me. I don't even live there. How can I be charged? I want to plead not guilty but I am afraid. What can I do?

Asked on 7/05/03, 2:09 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

David Diamond Diamond & Associates

Re: Parole Search gone wrong!


Read more
Answered on 7/06/03, 2:32 pm
Jonathan Kelman Law Offices of Jonathan I. Kelman

Re: Parole Search gone wrong!

You should definitely speak with an atty as soon as possible - call me at (310)286-1218 - JONATHAN I. KELMAN

Read more
Answered on 7/05/03, 1:34 pm
Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Re: Parole Search gone wrong!

You need to get a lawyer right away. If you can't afford one, a public defender will be appointed for you. If the public defender's office has a conflict (for example, if they represent your friend), then either an alternate defender's office will take your case or a private attorney will be appointed at public expense.

Don't try to handle this matter on your own.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/03, 5:27 pm
H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: Parole Search gone wrong!

based on your information submitted, your best bet is probably to retain attorney representation ASAP. if you would like further assistance in this matter, email me directly with more case details and how you would like to proceed.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/03, 4:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California