Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Was at school and started talking to a girl on campus. We both engaged in neutral conversation. We talk about classes n life. Once she left I gave her a small tap on the shoulder n said "ok good luck nice to meet you" later I was arrested by campus police because she said I snatched her backpack and now I am being charge with battery assault

Asked on 9/19/15, 1:06 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joshua Hale Hale Law Group

You need a lawyer

Read more
Answered on 9/19/15, 1:12 pm
David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

As a Former Deputy District Attorney, I can tell you that the police report probably reads differently. So you need an expert criminal defense attorney to represent you. This type of a charge could be considered a sex crime and could carry lifetime registration as a sex offender. If you want to call my office and go over all the facts. I will be happy to give you some advice. My office telephone number is 661-267-1313. David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 9/19/15, 1:12 pm
Barney Gibbs Law Office of Barney B. Gibbs

After 30 years as a criminal defense attorney I have seen many innocent situations end up in court. You need an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/15, 8:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California