Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

There was a sting operation from ABC in orange county, CA, and I was working at the cashier, I miss judge by one digit and accidently sold beer to minor which was 19...

its my first time and dont have any criminal question is, am i eligable for PC 1000- Deffered entry of judgement for this case or whats the best option for me any pre-trial intervention or anything, i have two people depend upon my salary, i dont want this on my record...any advice?????

Asked on 2/01/12, 11:25 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Fleetwood Mister DUI-800-468-2-502

Immediately contact a lawyer and say nothing further about it online.


Read more
Answered on 2/01/12, 1:03 pm

Glen Fleetwood Mister DUI-800-468-2-502

Selling (furnishing) alcohol to a person under 21 years of age is a misdemeanor in California. Violating this law subjects you to BOTH jail time and a fine. We can here in any OC court.

I represent individuals and business charged with this as part of my DUI work. I have such a case in Westminster currently; you are welcome to watch. Call for free consultation, and thre is NO "deferred entry of judgment".

Read more
Answered on 2/01/12, 1:27 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

This is not a drug possession or use case, so drug diversion does not apply.

Of course you can fight the charges. When arrested or charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? Raise all your defenses with whatever witnesses, evidence and sympathies are available for legal arguments, for evidence suppression or other motions, or for trial. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion program, reduction, or other decent outcome through plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help, using what defenses there may be.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/12, 1:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California