Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California


I experienced racial discrimination by a professor of mine at a university during the fall term 1999. The administration did nothing to help me in this situation and now the student account's office is requesting that I pay for the fall part-time tuition which totals about $6,000. I am declining to pay but I would like some legal advice whether I should decline to pay for the full amount or just decline to pay for the specific course taught by the professor who was racially biased. What should I do?

Asked on 8/04/00, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Koury Kenneth P. Koury, Esq.


If you donít pay they will kick you out of school. You have no defense to the charges. If you want to pursue legal action for the discrimination you are free to do so but that is a separate matter.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/00, 4:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California