Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I lived in illnoise got dui did all required classes. 20 yra ago. Moved to california had my licence ma b y yes. I went to renew ill. Blocked my ca licence. Wanted paperwork from 20 yrs ago. Ca shreads all paperwork after 7 yrs. I payed 150.00 they say addresses did not match and tgey want anothet 150.00. I feel they have no right to hold licence after i had cimpleated dui class 20 yrs ago. I do jot live in ill. Nor will i ever im am ca. Resident. This is causing job di#acultwys. Please help i cant afford this bull havenr been their in 20 yrs why can they take my ca drivers license

Thanks ronnald hoffie

Asked on 10/01/17, 8:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Welcome to the wonderful world of big socialist govt bureaucracy. "i'm from the govt and I'm here to help". Yeah. The DMV gets to make their own rules, and your only option is to comply, even if compliance is effectively impossible. Don't waste any time or money on lawyers 'helping you' in these issues, as there is nothing cost effective we can do for you with DMV, short of an expensive lawsuit if one could be validly based on your facts. Just a friendly warning no one has told you about, that is, even if you do get all the items CA DMV demands, they may not honor the 'required classes' from out of state as not being good enough', and might make you do it all over again in CA classes to satisfy them. You might consider volunteering to do that if all else fails.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/17, 1:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California