Legal Question in Education Law in California

I'm a teacher. My principal changed a grade I gave a student and has now blocked all my computer access at school. I am on disability and now don't have access to communicate with any of my students and finals are next week. What recourse do I have?

Asked on 6/01/12, 1:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Harrell W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law

I am more familiar with colleges and universities where there are appeals mechanisms for this type of misconduct by a department chair or dean. I would encourage you to bring your complaint to the school board and/or your union. This type of conduct by a principal undermines the credibility of grades issued by that school, which can have consequences for students applying to colleges and universities. (Does this mean that you have a substitute who will complete finals and course marks? If you are blocked access, how can you properly communicate with your substitute?) Let me know how this works out.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/12, 2:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in California