Legal Question in Elder Law in California

I want to find out how I can stop an conservatorship that my sister has had on our mother for over 13 years in the state of California. My mother has died and we want to first stop her conservatorship and possible have an autopsie done on our mother to see what she died from. Our sister is not telling us everything. She has blocked us from our mothers life (finances and health care) since day one when she took her from Florida.

Asked on 1/27/18, 1:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

The Conservatorship terminated automatically upon your mother's death. There should have been regular accountings for the Conservatorship every 2 years and you should have been given copies of those. If your mother had a Will, then someone (your sister most likely) should open a Probate or if there was a Trust, then you should receive notification of that and a copy of the Trust within 60-90 days after your mother died. You may need an attorney in California to protect your rights. I urge you to at least speak with an attorney as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/18, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California