Legal Question in Environmental Law in California

tree cutting

The maple tree in front of my house

was completely cut. I was not informed by the association of this

tragedy. I thought it was only for

trimming. I want another tree

planted. What are my option. I loved my tree.

Asked on 11/13/07, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan P. McClure The Law Offices of Ryan P. McClure

Re: tree cutting

Are you sure that the Tree was located on your separate interest and not the common area of the community. The HOA has a duty to maintain common area's and the cutting of the tree maybe of result of this duty. However, if the tree was on your separate interest I would agree with you that you are entitled to another tree to be planted. Assuming that the tree was part of you separate interest you can contact the board and ask that it be replaced. Good Luck!

LEGAL NOTICE: The information presented in this e-mail should not be

construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client


Read more
Answered on 11/15/07, 7:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Environmental Law questions and answers in California