Legal Question in Family Law in California

Amicable divorce in Los Angeles with no kids, no alimony, no property and a signed and notarized separation agreement. Spouse filed and served me, we drafted agreement but she failed to send me financial disclosure and missed the deadline (not a big deal). She is now confused what's left and says the county isn't helping her with anything. Looking for someone that can walk us through the final steps so we can get this behind us.

Asked on 1/18/22, 6:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

You will need to contact a few attorneys to find the right one.

Limited-scope representation is when you and a lawyer agree that the lawyer will handle some parts of your case and you will handle others. This is different from more traditional arrangements between lawyers and clients where a lawyer is hired to provide legal services on all aspects of a case, from start to finish. Limited-scope representation is sometimes called “unbundling” or “discrete task representation.”

Read more
Answered on 1/19/22, 9:49 am
Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Agree with Mr. Kane. Contact the LA County Bar referral service and find an attorney who will do limited scope representation.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/22, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California