Legal Question in Family Law in California

Change of Venue - California

I currently have physical custody of my daughter who is 9. Her mother and I share legal. I moved out of the county three years ago where the case was opened. My daughter has lived with me for 2 1/2 of those three years. I currently live in Los Angeles county, the case was opened in San Diego. My ex is currently on probation. Will this hinder the case being moved? What are the necessary steps I need to take to have the case moved to Los Angeles county? Also, is it better to have an atttorney do this for me or his going in pro per acceptable?

Thank you,


Asked on 7/21/08, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Chau Law Offices James Chau

Re: Change of Venue - California

You should file a motion to have the venue transferred. A qualified attorney will be best suited to draft the motion and argue the merits for you.

As always please consult with a qualified attorney before proceeding in your case.

Law Offices of James Chau

181 Devine St.

San Jose, CA. 95110

Read more
Answered on 7/22/08, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California