Legal Question in Family Law in California

Ex and I had a custody hearing back and forth, because she tried to add in a lot her own stuff in addition to what judge said, we was not able to get the order finalized for a long time, until the court clerk just drafted an order and finalized it, which is a very flawed one,but it is what we have in force now.

After that, ex just informed me that she did not like some schedule items in the paper and what me to agree to her new stipulation or she would file for clarification and ask me to pay her legal fees.

Her propose is not for my or kids interests, but I think for financial reason, it is really not worth going to the court again after nearly two years not having things done properly,most of all the current order is too broken to be fixed by any clarifications,which we have gone 2 times in the past already, each time she got more stuff granted for her. So I am considering agree to her proposal just for now, not that I agree to it but it is closer to what the judge said than what the clerk wrote and finalized.

My job situation is about to change, my plan is when it changes, I will just file a whole new motion for custody, because neither party is liking the current order.

If I agree to the stipulation right now then file a new motion, will it work against me?Is it better just to file the motion?

Asked on 4/28/16, 8:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

While it is very important for you and your ex to work together on structuring your parenting time, it's fairly clear you need the services of an experienced family law attorney to reduce your agreements to court orders that are enforceable.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/16, 7:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California