Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have two daughters.... I pay $2000 a month in child support. The oldest is now 18 and graduated high school. Can I pay $1000 a month for the younger daughter now since the oldest in 18 and graduated.

Asked on 7/02/17, 8:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

To get the correct support number for the remaining child under 18, you need to return to your last court order and ascertain what amount was attributed to your oldest daughter for support and what amount was attributed to your younger daughter for support. This is not a situation of guesswork. There's a specific order for support that pertains to each child. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to assess your options on how to proceed..

Read more
Answered on 7/02/17, 9:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California