Legal Question in Family Law in California

If father has been granted to move away and has full physical custody while legal custody is shared between the parties, if the mother wants to leave out of state does she have to notify the courts she ants to move or the other parent?

Asked on 5/26/21, 3:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

She doesn't have to but there are reasons she may want to, such as maintaining her ability to exercise her legal custody rights. If she moves without telling the court and the other parent, she will no longer get any notice of anything affecting the child and her parental rights.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/21, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California