Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am a US fire fighter most recently in CA. I have a wife & 2 children & we bought a home in Georgetown CA last year. It as always been our goal to get closer to MI where family lives for a support of family. I was offered a job in MS & my wife & I both decided it would be a good move. I even told my wife if she didn't want to move I won't take it. But she said we should because there was going to be another opening in a year in MI that I would be quilfy for & also I would be bettering my opportunity by moving to MS because I would get another rank & more money. so I took the MS job and now she said she will not move. I can't give my job up but don't want to lose my children. The house is in both our names but the lon is in my name because her credit is very bad. The home was taken off the market because she refuses to show it or sign the papers to sale it. I'm here in MS living in a dump of a place with only an old motorcycle. She took $3000 that was given to me for travel expense to MS. I want to see & bring my children to MS & so I hope to MI were I have family & I own a home there. I was totally blind sided by her action. When I left to look for a home in MS she was all for it --- so lead me to believe. She cannot handle money - what can I do to keep from losing everything??

Asked on 8/18/16, 5:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

You need to retain the services of a qualified family law attorney. The best place to file would be in California. You are located in El Dorado County. They must have a local county Bar Association where you can find a qualified attorney to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/16, 7:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California