Legal Question in Family Law in California

My husband and I are not living together. We have a new born, four month old child. He hasn't recently gotten out of the military. We have no child support guidelines of any sorts. He gives me what he wants, but now he's unemployed. I don't know what to do next.

Asked on 6/11/16, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

The has a duty/responsibility to support his children. Unfortunately in your case there is nothing in the law that sets up specific support payments yet. You need to obtain a child support order. Usually this is done through the dissolution process.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/16, 8:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California