Legal Question in Family Law in California


How do I collect on a judgement from a divorce for moneys due to me by my x-spouse? It has been over a year and he still has not paid me.

Asked on 10/09/03, 8:46 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Karen J. Segel Law Offices Of Karen J. Segel

Re: Judgments

There is a multitude of things which can be done to

collect on your spousal support judgment. However,

it is my opinion that you need an experienced attorney to do them, and they are too numerous

to be listed here. The cost is well worth it.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/03, 10:57 pm
Donald Holben Donald R. Holben & Associates, APC

Re: Judgments

You can execute on property, his wages, etc. Contact counsel to help

Read more
Answered on 10/13/03, 11:25 am
Brian Levy, Esq. Law Office of Brian Don Levy

Reply: Judgments

You can execute against his wages or his bank account. You can lien his real property. Your unpaid judgment collects 10% interest until paid.

I suggest that you consult with an experienced family law lawyer. Experience is not expensive, it's priceless!

You will find some valuable information on various family law issues at my web site.

Good luck to you!

Brian Levy, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/03, 10:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California