Legal Question in Family Law in California

Mother has agreed to give son to me. I want sole legal and physical custody. There’s already a stipulation order in place. How do I go about requesting a modification for order. Or should I go ex parte? What do I need to do to get granted what I’m requesting.

Asked on 8/03/21, 9:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Sole legal and physical custody is the most she can give away without being declared an unfit parent and having her parentage terminated by the courts.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/21, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California