Legal Question in Family Law in California

I had a problem with my girl friend and told her that i wasn't paying rent, she put me and my kids stuff out on the front lawn and now were back together and swore we'd never go through this again . When that happen i called my step daughter and asked her to up my too little girls until we get things back together. Now were back and my step daughter showed up here with some legal form for me to sign and i signed it giving her temperary custody until things were okay . She then took it upon herself and went and took there ssa and wont anwser my calls and wont give me back my children. I dont even no were she lives. This all happenened within 1 week. Ive even called the police departnent. What should i do?

Asked on 9/01/13, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daphne Macklin Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin

You need to contact the probate court for the county where you live. Based on what you have described, your step-daughter may have gotten a probate guardianship over the children. You have rights to challenge this action, but you will need to show that you have a stable living situation in order to be restored to custody of the children. Good luck with this.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 10:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California