Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex has been working overtime for the past 2 years and income has been consistent. Now that I may file for child supporte he will longer do overtime and just have his regular yearly income. How is the amount calculated for child support.

Asked on 11/15/17, 8:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

There’s a few moving parts to this situation. If your ex is turning down overtime that is available to him, a strong argument can be made that the court should still use overtime as a basis to calculate income for purposes of support. You would greatly benefit from meeting with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/17, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California