Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

false arrest etc

I was involved in a relationship with a

sheriff deputy, SWAT, in

San Diego for more than 4 years, we

have 2 small children together, 6

months and 2 yrs at the time. In his

attempt to ''get rid'' of me to pursue

a relationship with another woman,

he had me served with a

restraining/kick out order falsely

accusing me of domestic battery with

no evidence and 10 days later the

order was dropped. Shortly

thereafter, he illegally repossessed

the car we shared, he falsely reported

credit card fraud and had my home

raided by his SWAT team and having

me arrested and I was incarcerated

for 5 days in Los Colinas Womens

detention Facility. These charges, 9

counts...3 each CC fraud, identity

theft and grand theft, have all been

dropped. He has reported child abuse

to CPS and had the police at my

residence several times for no reason

because he knows I was traumatized

by the SWAT incident and also

obviously to harrass me and taint my

good standing in my community. I

want to sue him. I have a very

limited income as I was a stay at

home mother, now I am currently

unemployed due to the background

check that shows the 9 counts. He

has A LOT of money.

Asked on 4/11/09, 12:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joel Selik

Re: false arrest etc

You need an attorney who has taken on the police. Email me for referrals to San Diego Attorneys who do this.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/09, 12:49 pm

Re: false arrest etc

If it was under a year ago you may sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress. However, without insurance, a judgment may be discharged in bankruptcy. Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/09, 1:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California