Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

If the owner of the car has signed papers selling me the car and I have not fully paid, can she take the car back?

Asked on 4/15/20, 1:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

It depends what papers you and she have signed. If the papers do not give her a security interest in the car and she signed over title, all she can do is sue you for the balance. However, if she should win, she might then have the vehicle repossessed and sell it to collect on the debt.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/20, 5:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California