Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

i showed an eviction to vacate on my credit never was served had moved out and returned keys how do i get it off my credit. no money judgement, none owed.....

Asked on 6/25/12, 2:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You cannot remove something from your credit report if it happened. In other words, if there was a lawsuit for unlawful detainer which resulted in a default judgment against you for possession, you are not going to be able to get that removed.

You would have to attack the underlying default judgment, which may be time barred. I suggest you get copies of the relevant paperwork, such as the documents in the court file, and see an attorney for some advice.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/12, 4:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California