Legal Question in Immigration Law in California


I was wondering if there is a possibility that someone who has been deported from USA due to a felony conviction is able to legally return if even for a visit with a passport and visa? It has been 5 years since and that was his waiting period to ask for a pardon. He is elderly, sick and no longer a threat. He is looking to just visit his children that still live here.

Asked on 8/29/10, 9:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


Yes, it is possible depending on the conviction and other factors. Generally, a Permission to Reenter, Consulate Processing and Waiver of the 3/10 year bar can be submitted.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/10, 10:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California