Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

My status of EB3 petition has become current after lengthy waiting. Unfortunately, my sponsor decided not to continue my case. The manager is not the same one I talked to years ago but the company is still hiring. During that period I turned down good job offers in my country in order to meet their request(i must stay in certain field). What other choices do I have ?

Asked on 10/28/13, 5:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If your I-140 has been approved, but you have not yet filed the I-485 application, then you can find a new U.S. employer to petition you for labor certification. Once their labor certification & I-140 are approved, you may use the priority date from the first approved I-140.

However, if your I-485 application has already been filed, you may be eligible for "portability".

Read more
Answered on 10/28/13, 10:26 am

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

Your options will depend upon your ability to find a new US employer willing to hire and assist you. I am not clear if you are now in the US or not, or if and adjustment application was previously filed or not. In either event, the first step to determining if you have other options would be to secure a willing employer in the appropriate field.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/13, 4:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California