Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I was in a minor fender bender with a tree in a rental car. They misspelled my name on every document they sent me. Am I still liable to pay the damage? This happened in Hawaii but I live in California.

Asked on 7/15/13, 8:37 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

2 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Your question is about the law of Hawaii, not California. But the answer is almost certainly yes. There's no good reason why a typo should excuse you from paying what you owe. The notices reached you and you know that you're the person they are referring to, so the typo hasn't had any impact. It would be unjust to make the rental company absorb the loss for such a trivial reason.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 10:48 am

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I am not familiar with the laws of Hawaii, but I would suggest that you give this to your insurance company. This is what you pay insurance for

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 11:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California