Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I was a passenger and was injured of a car that was in a accident and the driver who is the owner of the vehicle did not have insurance at the time of the accident. The insurance company of the driver of the car that has admitted fault to the accident told me that under CA. Civil Code 3333.4 i couldn't receive any money for my pain and suffering. Is this true if i'm not the owner of the vehicle?

Asked on 2/20/17, 2:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


If insurance company is telling you that you are barred to recover pain and suffering due to prop 213 that would not apply to passenger of uninsured driver. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/17, 10:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California