Legal Question in International Law in California

where do I go for a legal contract between a german distributor and sales will be in N. America?

Asked on 6/19/16, 11:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Harrell W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law

You can have a contract drafted whereby the German distributor agrees to California having jurisdiction in case of a dispute. If the distributor is doing business with someone in California, then under California's long arm statute, civil action can be initiated in California. A contract would articulate these terms in greater detail, etc.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/16, 12:04 pm
Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

You go to an attorney experienced with international trade contracts. There's no free lunch for a transaction like that.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/16, 8:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in California