Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Failure to adhere to employment contract-MOU

My Memorandum of understanding (adapted as law) indicated that an employee was to get specific salary range increases during specific periods. I did not receive those increases. Now my retirement is based on a salary that was some 15% less that called for by Employment Agreement. Is a employer required/bound to follow the agreement? This is a municipal organization. To my knowledge others did receive proper remuneration.

Asked on 6/07/06, 1:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher M. Brainard, Esq. C. M. Brainard & Associates - (310) 266-4115

Re: Failure to adhere to employment contract-MOU

Yes. You should file a grievance with your union and they should fix the problem and/or explain. If they do not, you should sue the employer for breach of contract and the union for failure to represent. I can help, but I'm 200 an hour, so you will probably want to start on your own by filing a grievance with your union rep.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/06, 6:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California