Legal Question in Employment Law in California

My mom is working in a Home care as a caregiver, but she's working under the table because that's what her employer wants. Eventhough she's a permanent resident in california. Also, Her employer didn't pay her right even if she works over time. Can she sued her employer?

Asked on 2/08/16, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Kirschbaum Law Offices of Michael R. Kirschbaum

If your mother's employer is paying her "under the table", which in itself, violates numerous labor, tax and workers compensation laws, they are most likely violating many other laws as well, including overtime violations. Your mother needs to consult with an employment law attorney to identify how many violations are occurring and for advise on the best way to be compensated for those violations.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/16, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California