Legal Question in Employment Law in California

a person claiming to be an Engineer and teacher of Engineers has claimed you don't need to have a PE to teach or be an Engineer in the USA... is that correct?

Asked on 2/23/16, 8:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

Yes and no. An unlicensed engineer can teach, if the have the knowledge and skills, just as a highly experienced paralegal can teach legal topics. My ex-wife was such a highly regarded trademark paralegal that she taught seminars on trademarks to the US Patent and Trademark Assn.convention, for example. You can also do engineering work for an engineering firm without an license, just as a paralegal can do legal work under the supervision of a licensed attorney. The unlicensed engineer must, however, be supervised by a licensed engineer and they cannot sign or stamp drawings, calculations, specifications, etc.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/16, 10:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California