Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I had a position at a plumbing company where the dispatcher did not like me and made it known to other plumbers or helpers, my hardship began over a year ago and tried to hang in there for the family. I lost my apartment then forced to get motel rooms or sleep in my car or work van. I gave the dispatcher a hard time and then the new manager also backed up the dispatcher saying he was going to make certain employees happy and feed them and give me the low grade calls, we were hr plus commission shop, can I go after them due to hardship and the dispatcher for having a personal issue with me

Asked on 7/21/17, 10:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hi there,

It's usually difficult to successfully allege a claim for "hardship" because someone had a "personal issue" with you. If the employer discriminated against you (treated you badly) because of your race, religion, gender, age (over 40), sexual orientation, national origin, etc., then you might have a claim for unlawful discrimination. However, it's hard to know without speaking with an attorney.

In addition, you should speak with an attorney regarding other aspects of your employment, such as whether you were paid properly, reimbursed for all of your expenses, etc. Many employers, particularly in situations where employees are paid by commission, do not follow the rules when it comes to paying their employees.

Many attorneys (including my firm) offer free consultations, and do not charge any money up front from the client (i.e., contingency arrangement).

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/21/17, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California