Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

My husband and I have rented from in-laws for 24 years. We are divorcing and he moved in with a girlfriend one year ago. The in laws want me out and they told my ex to empty the house so they can sell it. They got a dumpster. My stuff is boxed up. My ex says he evicted me, but my divorce attorney says it was an illegal eviction. I have no where to go. Can they pay for relocating?

Asked on 10/19/13, 8:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You can sue for the illegal eviction, but I doubt that you are entitled to relocation fees.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California