Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

My name is seyyida and is there something I can do on a default eviction with a very limited time to leave premises. I cannot get through to any legal advice numbers. I would appreciate a response asap.

Thank you,


Asked on 7/25/11, 12:40 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

You could work out a deal with the landlord that you will be out by a certain date so that he does not have to go through the expense and uncertainity of a formal eviction, or you could file a motion to set aside [CCP 473}.the default but that requires paperwork you might not be able to handle of your own self..

Read more
Answered on 7/25/11, 2:21 pm

kevin sullivan Law Office of Steven Kremer

I agree with George. You could request a stay from the court based on hardship. Hoever, it requires that you post the rent.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/11, 9:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California