Legal Question in Military Law in California

If I won a small claims case against a marine private, can I garnish their wages for the amount owed?

Asked on 1/21/10, 8:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

If you complied with the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act, possibly. The best way to collect might be to quietly remind the Private that a wage garnishment could mess up his or her security clearance and/or other aspects of military life.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/10, 9:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in California