Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

auto accident/ personal injury

On Friday August 1st, a City of Fresno garbage truck ran a red light and slammed into my car. My 2002 PT Cruiser is totaled, and because of my heart condition and injuries from the airbag and seatbelt, I was taken to the hospital. I stayed there until 4am saturday. I had test after test done. Now I would like advice on what to do next. Is my insurance company suppose to handle this with the City of Fresno? Am I going to need an attorney? What should I be doing?

Asked on 8/04/08, 2:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

Re: auto accident/ personal injury

Yes you should hire an attorney. I am in the Los Angeles area, but you should seek counsel in your area. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/08, 5:48 pm
todd emanuel law offices of todd p. emanuel

Re: auto accident/ personal injury

Your insurance company should reimburse you for the damage to your vehicle and then deal w/ City of Fresno to seek reimbursement. However, your insurance company will not assist you in getting compensation for your bodily injuries, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. I can help you there. I look forward to hearing from you. To view more information about me, go to

Todd Emanuel

Read more
Answered on 8/29/08, 5:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California