Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

auto accident

signed for a car because my daughter

had bad credit. she had an accident and

I am being sued with her as an

individual. She has made all the pay-

ments and it is her insurance. what is

my responsibility?

Asked on 7/13/09, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: auto accident

Full responsibility on the loan.

As a registered owner, up to $30k personally in liability to the injured parties, with or without insurance. If they can show you negligently allowed her to drive, like if she was intoxicated, then no limit on your liability.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/09, 7:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California